Search This Blog

Sunday 27 July 2014

Step 1) To Crusheen and Inchicrocan (re BUTLER and FITZPATRICK ancestors)

These two places, Crusheen and Inchicrocan, were the first two destinations in my County Clare journey during which I was looking for places that my BUTLER and FITZPATRICK ancestors lived before they migrated to Australia in the 1870s and 1880s.

Thanks to Des, Donna, Marjorie, Keith and Pat, and my dear old departed Dad, Carew, for all the information you have provided me with to fuel this search.

There is some evidence that some of our BUTLER ancestors lived and/or died in Inchicrocan or the Parish of Inchicrocan in County Clare, Ireland. This information is not yet fully verified but I thought it was worth attempting to find out if there was a place called Inchicrocan. My GPS and Google Maps took me to a small town named Crusheen (Croisín).








Inchicrocan was located just outside the town of Crusheen.  A new housing estate had been built in the area.





Some older homes and properties still existed on the outskirts of the new housing estate.







Next step on my County Clare journey:

Step 2) My first mistake: Cragg near Tulla (re BUTLER and FITZPATRICK ancestors)


6 comments:

  1. Helloooo!!! Are you still using this blog? My Butler's came from Crusheen too! Total brick wall! Going there next spring to try to figure them out! Would love to hear from you. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, thanks for your comment. Good luck with the search. Since I wrote this post, I have found out that my Butlers also lived at Kilmihil and Doolough in County Clare. Wonder if they are related to your Butlers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will let you know if I ever figure it out! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ann! Sometimes this part of the BUTLER family is hard to track down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    The last picture on your trip to Crusheen shows the wall of where my grand dad used to live, on the right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, it's Ann again (see above). Do you happen to have a family tree on Ancestry, My Heritage or elsewhere? Have you done your DNA test?

    ReplyDelete